Home Forums Forum Noise Unit – Cheeba City Blues

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What do you guys reckon? To me it sounds like an unfinished project, basically released to honour Jeremy Inkel. The songs are more like embryos, fragments of proper songs. Not to say it doesn’t sound good! “Heal All Wounds” for example is pretty cool.

jon mindphaser
    Participant

Yes, pretty sure that’s what it’s is. There are definitely a few excellent tracks though and it highlights what a loss Jeremy was.

holonmusic
    Participant

Jeremy definitely came into his own. Big loss. But yeah this sounds like unfinished demos.

vinnie245
    Participant

I like it despite the unfinished feel, maybe not quite as good as Deviator but certainly better than the latest FLA.

silikonanswer
    Participant

I agree with vinnue245. I really enjoy this album. Bill Leeb shows he is still creating some amazing music.

dOGulas
    Participant

Yeah it’s a little too weird for me, though I do like some songs like “Alone Again” and “Still Alive”. I agree some of it sounds unfinished, a bunch of ideas that aren’t fully fleshed out.

EricNS
    Participant

I like it a lot, especially the instrumental and atmospheric tracks. My favorite tracks are “Reality is Less then TV”, “Spaceman” and “Heal all Wounds”.

I find this album refreshing and way more interesting than the generic stuff released by Leed in the last 5 years.

Like other have said, many tracks sound like incomplete demos and it’s a shame. I wish Chris Perterson was still in the team. He could have fleshed out the whole album. He was always very good at arrangement and programming.

nidi
    Participant

refreshing and unusual imo. bills vocal performance is outstanding in many parts. of course it is not Noise Unit alike and should have been released under some other moniker. anyway, i am glad he releases all this stuff. as stated: ‘lost songs and ideas’ … great to hear!

Captain Plasma
    Participant

I enjoyed Deviator way more. This one is a tad weird, i guess, Delirium sounding. Not sure what Bill is thinking these days. Still a nice album though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.