Home Forums Forum Nerve War (cleo redux)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

what do you think about this years (fucked up) cleo release of Nerve War? finally, at least …

Redamjam
    Participant

Why is it fucked up? Has it got stuff missing, or wrong track names / spelling etc…might start as you mean to go on 😉

Captain Plasma
    Participant

What’s so fucked up about it? I enjoyed both this and Permanent Data additions. Much needed remasters.

nidi
    Participant

i also liked that there is finally a release and the sound quality is good. i a also appreciated permament data. but as redamjam guessed: 7 out of 18 tracks have wrong titles, one track has a different spelling and 4 tracks are still missing. the bonus tracks are not from NW era and ‘the rack’ is nothing else than ‘the wrack part 1’ from disorder ep. some tracks habe doubtable origins and all in all it is a bit disappointing because they could have done it more carefully imo.

thefxc
    Participant

I mean it’s great to have on CD but it’s a mess. A lot of the tracks are ripped from Youtube (‘Stahl’ even has a bit of ‘Digital Tension Dementia’ at the beginning, which is from its Youtube source). But a number of tracks sound fine, so at least some of the tracks were sourced from tape. I’m wondering why they used some tracks from tape, and some from Youtube. I would think the band wasn’t involved but Leeb say for an interview for the liner notes, so I dunno.

I guess you can say it reproduces the questionably fidelity of a lot of electronic music self-released on cassette in the 1980s.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.